Edward Thomas Commemoration Day, Steep:
- 10am Readings at the Poets’ Stone
- 2pm Poet and Soldier – Workshop led by Denise Bennett. Village Hall.
- 2pm Singing in the Spirit of Edward Thomas. Starts at the Village Hall.
- 7pm An Evening of Commemoration. All Saints Church.
28th to 1st May
Poetry Residential with Kim Moore and Hugh Dunkerley. SOLD OUT
Poets in the Park month. Events all across the South Downs National Park.
Kevin Higgins plus Open Mic with Chichester Poetry. Chichester
6th and 7th
Poets in the Countryside. Readings and events. Queen Elizabeth Country Park, Hampshire
Writing poetry inspired by the South Downs. With New Writing South. Workshop led by Stephanie Norgate.
Poetry evening at Steyning, with readings from Mandy Pannett and guests – Judith Cair, Penny Hope and Andie Lewenstein, Open Mic and music from Rattlebag.
Poetry Day at Much Ado About Books. Alfriston, East Sussex
Poetry and Prosecco. Edward Thomas read by Susan Jameson and Andy McMahon, contemporary poetry from the Chalk Poets.
Poetry and Art at the CASS Sculpture Park. Near Chichester
Launch of South Poetry Magazine number 55. Chichester
Susan Utting plus Open Mic with Chichester Poetry. Chichester
23rd to 25th
- 2pm Guerilla poetry from the Popular Front for the Liberation of Verse. The streets of Lewes
- 7.30pm Poetry Performance with Audi Maserati, Speechpainter and Rhymes with Orange
Saturday – Around the Town:
- 10.30am Poetry for children 8 to 12 at Bags of Books with Rhymes with Orange.
- 1pm Children’s Poetry Writing Workshop (ages 10 to 13) with Rhymes with Orange.
- 3pm Writing an Elephant. A young adult’s (ages 14-17) workshop with Rebecca Gethin.
Saturday – At the Linklater Pavilion:
- 10.00am Finish that old poem, a workshop from Tolu Agbelusi
- 10.00am The Poetry of Plants and Gardens, a workshop from Penny Hope
- 12.15pm Elephants in the Room with Rebecca Gethin and others
- 1.20pm Lunchtime readings
- 2pm Stop all the Clocks, a workshop from Ann-Marie Fyfe
- 2pm Writing the Future, a workshop from Naomi Foyle
- 2pm Poetry Café with compère Wendy Klein
- 4pm Open Mic hosted by PigHog and Michaela Ridgeway
- 5.45pm Readings from the Workshops shared with all.
- 6.30pm Poetry Competition awards and readings with Jackie Wills.
- 7.30pm Readings with music – Tolu Agedelusi, Ann-Marie Fyfe, Jackie Wills and Grace Nichols.
- 9.30pm Late night Open Mic in the bar.
- 09.45am Welcome and Edward Thomas memorial reading
- 10am First and Last Lines, a workshop from – Claire Dyer
- 10.00am to 12.00pm Poetry Film, a workshop from Elephant’s Footprint
- 10.30am Walking with poetry. A poetry walk in the nature reserve led by Patrick Bond
- 12.10pm Edward Thomas memorial reading
- 12.15pm Lunchtime readings.
- 2pm Stories in Poems, a workshop from Rebecca Gethin
- 2pm Shapeshifting and Mind Reading, a workshop from John Foggin
- 2pm Poetry Casualty Room with Wendy Klein
- 3.15pm Getting Published informal advice session Jeremy Page and Patrick Osada
- 4.10pm Edward Thomas memorial reading
- 4.20pm Desert Island Poems
- 4.20pm Grace Nichols TBC interviewed by Jeremy Page
- 4.55pm John Foggin interviewed by Mandy Pannett
- 5.30pm Tim Dawes interviewed by Wendy Klein